Leaders in the SCAE community (Speciality Coffee Association of Europe) were celebrated in Dublin recently as the annual SCAE Excellence Awards were presented at World of Coffee.
Sponsored by OikoCredit, the awards are judged by the SCAE International Development Committee and honour SCAE members who have contributed to the success of the industry through education, innovation, sustainability and entrepreneurship.
David Veal, Executive Director, SCAE commented: "Our community is all about coffee and people and one of the things that we at SCAE like to celebrate is success. Today we gather to celebrate the success of some of our brightest people, all of whom have been strongly nominated by their peers in the community. They have all inspired coffee excellence within their fields."
The winners of the 2016 SCAE Excellence Awards are:
- Young Entrepreneur Award: Henry Wilson, Perfect Daily Grind
- Passionate Educator Award: Chiara Bergonzi, independent trainer
- Innovation Award: Pete Southern, Creator of the PUSH Tamper
- Working Towards Sustainability: Benjamin Weiner, Gold Mountain Coffee Growers
- The Ambassador’s Award: Tony Overbeak, Urnex
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Edy Bieker @ Sandalj, head of the quality and training