News

Eight Irish Hotels Listed on 2020 Forbes Travel Guide

Eight Irish hotels, including six in Dublin, have been listed on the annual Forbes Travel Guide.

The Forbes Travel Guide is recognised for creating the original concept of five star service, and this year for the first time Ashford Castle was recognised with a five star rating. The Merrion, The Marker and the K Club were all given four star status, while The Fitzwilliam, The InterContinental Dublin, The Shelbourne, and The Westbury, were all given recommendations.

For the second year in a row, London is the city with the most five star hotels – coming in at 19.

In total, a record-breaking 107 new five star honorees made the 62nd annual list. For the first time the list also included properties in countries such as India, Jordan, New Zealand, and South Africa.

Each property is visited by mystery inspectors who stay for a minimum of two nights, testing up to 900 standards. The ratings tabulate 75% of a hotel’s score based on its service, while the remaining 25% is determined by the quality of its facilities.

Filip Boyen, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide, said: “It is difficult to earn a Forbes Travel Guide rating, and all our star rated winners have shown how incredibly deserving they are of their accolades by demonstrating sheer dedication in their passion for service. We congratulate them all.”

Nicky Logue, General Manager, InterContinental Dublin, said: “We are delighted to earn this fantastic accolade from the Forbes Travel Guide which places huge emphasis on exceptional service to help discerning travelers select the world’s best luxury experiences and the only way to get a Recommended rating is by earning it through their anonymous independent inspection process. This is also our fifth year as the InterContinental Dublin, so we are delighted to have received this, and many other accolades over the five years, which is testament to the fantastic team here at the hotel”.

Trending

Encircle 360 Ltd T/A Food for Thought - FFT.ie, 59 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.

Part of the Business Post Media Group

The Official Publication of the Restaurants Association of Ireland

Email: fft@fft.ie

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

To Top