Diageo has announced a new partnership with digital platform anyExcuse to provide the Irish Hospitality Industry with free usage of table booking, table service and click & collect services for six months.
Throughout the partnership, all licensed trade outlets across the Island of Ireland, including Diageo and non-Diageo customers, can avail of these services free of charge for six months, valued at €1,200 per business.
The new digital services will assist outlets in reopening safely, efficiently and more profitably, without any contractual or financial commitment to continue the service after the six month period.
The table booking service can facilitate capacity management as well as predicting staffing needs. A booking deposit option is also included to help safeguard participating outlets against no-shows.
The digital table service will enable customers to view a digital menu, place their order and pay using contactless payment via their own device. This will limit the interaction required between staff and customers and will help deliver a faster service. The click & collect service will also help to provide an additional revenue stream for outlets offering take away food and drink options.
Orders placed by customers on their devices will be sent to a tablet behind the bar (which outlets will need to self-supply). For the initial launch, the ordering solution will not be linked to existing EPOS systems, however anyExcuse will continue to develop the future possibility of integration. For stock management purposes, staff can simply transcribe orders from the anyExcuse tablet to the outlet’s existing EPOS system.
Key benefits of the platform include:
- Diageo backed; Diageo will be promoting the use of anyExcuse through media at the end of June
- Completely free to use for six months
- No fixed commitment required
- Help to attract customers back & inspire confidence with these operational changes
- Communicate to your customers that you are open for business
- Supports a safer working environment for you and your staff
- Can reduce staff overheads and help manage outlet capacity for social distancing
- Facilitates faster service of food & drinks with limited staff interaction
- May drive incremental revenue – customers who use digital menus spend on average 30% more per order (According to a survey conducted by Flipdish)
Oliver Loomes, Managing Director of Diageo Ireland, said: “Guinness is preparing for, and dedicated to developing, new ways in which we will be socialising and reconnecting with family and friends when government restrictions are eased. We have been working closely with our partners in the trade to support the industry during this unprecedented period, including the establishment of a €1.5m Guinness Fund to support trade communities affected by COVID 19. “
“We have partnered with anyExcuse to provide these tools to the trade free of charge for six months, to help support the reopening of trade doors, through the implementation of systems that ensure safe socialising and working environments. Consumers can be reassured that the hospitality sector is taking the appropriate measures to ensure their businesses can open safely under government guidelines.”
Licensed trade can register with anyExcuse at http://business.anyexcuse.com/registerforfree/.