Dublin’s Bar 1661 has swept the board at the 2019 Craft Cocktail Awards, held on 1st December in The Well, Dublin.
The awards, running since 2014, aim to celebrate the skill, training and artistry of craft cocktails in Ireland. Winners are determined by public and industry votes.
Bar 1661 opened on Good Friday 2019 and picked up five awards, including Best Overall Cocktail ar and Best New Cocktail Bar.
Other major winners on the night included Cask, Cork (Outstanding Cocktail Menu), and Lisa Doyle, Quintessential Brands (Best Brand Representative).
Bar 1661’s founder Dave Mulligan was also nominated for Best Brand Representative for Bán Poitín, the brand behind the bar. Bar 1661 boasts the largest selection of poitín anywhere in the world, as well as a collection of vintage and premium Irish whiskeys, gins and Irish wine.
Bar 1661 founder, Dave Mulligan, said: “So many passionate people have supported us over the last eight months, who believe in poitín’s potential as Ireland’s native cocktail ingredient, and we are so happy that this has been recognised tonight. We owe these accolades to the independent and small producers that work so hard, allowing us to create something different for the Dublin cocktail scene!”
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Best Cocktail Bar Dublin: Bar 1661
- Best Cocktail Bar Leinster: Americana Bar
- Best Cocktail Bar Ulster: Liquorxxx
- Best Cocktail Bar Munster: Cask
- Best Cocktail Bar Connacht: The Blind Tiger
- Best Bar Team: Bar 1661
- Outstanding Cocktail Menu: Cask
- Best New Cocktail Bar: Bar 1661
- Best Restaurant Cocktail Bar: The Sitting Room at Delahunt
- Best Hotel Cocktail Bar: Americana Bar
- Best Brand Representative: Lisa Doyle, Quintessential Brands
- Best Cocktail Bartender: Gillian Boyle
- ICCA Industry Legend 2019: Oisin Davis
- Best Overall Cocktail Bar: Bar 1661