In time for Christmas, Fáilte Ireland has released a guide to the 12 distilleries and breweries of Ireland’s Ancient East.
The Ancient East region has seen an explosion recently of craft breweries and distilleries, producing everything from whiskey to gin, beer to cider.
The list includes Ireland’s only gin school, located at the Listoke Distillery in Co. Louth. Participants start by choosing a flavour profile and botanical mix, then putting it in their own miniature copper still to label and bring home. While waiting for the gin to distil, participants are treated to Listoke G&Ts, local food samples and more.
The full list is as follows:
- Listoke Gin School, Co. Louth
- Brehon Brewhouse, Co. Monaghan
- Carlingford Brewing, Co. Louth
- Dungarvan Brewing Company, Co. Waterford
- Elbow Lane, Co. Cork
- Wicklow Wolf Brewing Company, Co. Wicklow
- Smithwick’s Experience Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny
- Tullamore D.E.W. Whiskey Experience, Co. Offaly
- Walsh Whiskey Distillery, Co. Carlow
- Glendalough Irish Whiskey, Co. Wicklow
- Slane Distillery, Co. Meath
- Ballykeefe Distillery, Co. Kilkenny
For more information and itineraries, visit www.irelandsancienteast.com.