Applications are now open for the second annual Energia Family Business Awards, with the finals taking place on 15th May at the Intercontinental Hotel, Dublin.
The theme of this year’s awards is “growing through generations”. The awards cover 18 categories, each of which recognises the achievements of family-owned businesses in Ireland throughout all sectors and industries.
The oldest official family business in Ireland and the world’s oldest candle company, Rathbornes 1488, will be among this year’s entrants.
Last year’s awards saw entries from over 200 family businesses, with 18 companies being crowned as winners.
Entries for this year’s awards are now open. Categories include:
- Family Food and Drink Producer of the Year
- Transport and Logistics Family Business of the Year
- Family Business Longevity Award
- Innovative Family Business Award
- Retail and Wholesale Family Business of the Year
- Manufacturing and Engineering Family Business of the Year
- International Family Business of the Year
- Tech Family Business of the Year
- Energia Sustainable Family Business of the Year
- Family Business CSR Award
Alan Mulcahy, Head of Sales, Energia said: “We are delighted to again support the Family Business Awards and we are confident that it will prove even more popular this year. Family businesses are an important part of the foundations of the Irish economy and communities all across Ireland, with over 75% of them contributing to more than 50 percent of Ireland’s GDP.”