The annual Founder’s Banquet and Management Awards for the Irish Hospitality Institute took place on Thursday 28th November, where four new fellows were enrolled.
Attended by over 500 guests and experts from the hospitality industry, the IHI Hospitality Management Awards 2019 celebrate the contributions of individuals in Ireland’s hospitality sector, honouring their excellence across 13 categories.
This year the awards attracted the highest number of applicants to date across 18 counties.
The winners are as follows:
- Hotel General Manager of the Year – Alan Buckley, Jurys Inn Parnell Street (sponsored by Great Place to Work)
- Employee of the Year – Denise Meenaghan, The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Sligo (Sponsored by Bru Brewery)
- Revenue Manager of the Year – Declan McKenna, The Guinness Storehouse (Sponsored by Guestline)
- Executive Head Chef of the Year – Michelle O’Donnell, Masterchefs Hospitality (Sponsored
by Failte Ireland)
- Young Manager of the Year – Keith O’Sullivan, Masterchefs Hospitality (Sponsored by StaffordLynch and S. Pellegrino)
- Graduate of the Year – Emer Priestley, Shannon College of Hotel Management (Sponsored by ClASSICdrinks)
- HR Manager of the Year – Kathleen Linehan, Trigon Hotels (Sponsored by Action Recruitment)
- Catering Manager of the Year – Sigitas Zubrickas, Sodexo Ireland (Sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions)
- Finance Manager of the Year – Brian Farrell, Clayton Hotel Burlington Road (Sponsored by the Irish Hospitality Institute)
- Environmental & Facilities Manager of the Year – Aine Martin, Hotel Doolin (Sponsored by Crystal Air / Mitsubishi Electric)
- Sales & Marketing Manager of the Year – Eveanna Ryan, Connacht Hospitality (Sponsored by netaffinity)
- Food & Beverage Manager of the Year – Alex Staskunas, Compass Group at Aviva Stadium (Sponsored by Broadline Group)
- Deputy General Manager of the Year – Diana Pyzio, Jurys Inn Cork (Sponsored by Maria Logan Recruitment)
Oonagh Cremins, President of the IHI, said: “A huge congratulations to all of our 2019 winners and our four new Fellows. We would like to extend a big thank you to our judges, category sponsors and partners who play their part in making the event the success it is, alongside our members, patrons and colleagues, who by their generous sponsorship, support and funding enable us to continue our work in providing a forum for all hospitality professionals to learn, peer network and to be recognised for their very valuable work.”
Alan Buckley from Jurys Inn, winner ‘General Manager of the Year’ said: “I am thrilled to win this prestigious award and I’d like to extend a big thank you to my colleagues at Jurys Inn, the IHI and judges for this recognition. I love working within the hospitality industry and I look forward to the future and what this award brings to me personally and to our great team at Jurys Inn.”