The g Hotel & Spa is the luxurious designer 5 star hotel in Galway city, with 101 bedrooms & suites, and a 2,000sq ft luxury spa ESPA at the g, 3 Signature Lounges ideal for Afternoon Tea and casual dining and Restaurant gigi’s, holder of two AA culinary rosettes and just awarded Best Hotel Restaurant in Galway at the 2016 Irish Restaurant Awards.
The hotel is looking to recruit a Lounge & Bars Manager.
The g is part of the Edward Group, a collection of leading Irish hospitality and leisure venues, each with its own unique character and design. Each hotel and venue offers a quintessentially Irish experience accompanied by the hallmarks of quality and service associated with the group.
Designed by Philip Treacy, milliner to the stars, the g is Galway city’s only 5 star hotel & spa. It offers 101 light filled bedrooms & suites all of which feature Philip Treacy’s attention to detail with style and elegance. Most recently awarded Best Hotel Restaurant in Galway at the 2016 Irish Restaurant Awards.
We believe in excellence, in providing 5 star customer service to our guests and we thrive on attention to detail.
Our team are professional, well presented and have a friendly manner with guests and colleagues. We come from different backgrounds and we work in
many different roles, yet we are all hospitality professionals, joined by a passion to delight and create memorable experiences for our guests. Hospitality is about people and it is essential that we deliver exceptional service with enviably high standards both as a team and via the contribution of our individual team members.
We have won many awards for our people, our warmth of service and exceptional product and are always seeking talented individuals with vibrant personality to join our team.
The Edward Group offers great working conditions and benefits and a variety of training and development opportunities for our team. We aim to create an enjoyable environment in which our employees can grow. Above all, we work together and celebrate each other’s achievements. We respect each other’s cultures and customs.
We welcome applications from people who:
- Recognise the importance of our guests’ individual needs
- Are warm and deliver genuine service with passion and dedication everyday
- Have an eye for detail
- Exhibit individual flair and can create memorable experiences with panache
- Have the ability to solve problems, usually savvy and quick thinking
- Have the skills perform and the drive to improve
- Are socially responsible and care for the environment
- Have a desire to succeed through hard work and enthusiasm
- Are loyal and respect their colleagues.
- We engage with our guests with genuine warmth and friendliness.
- We aim to be the best.
- We show care for our working environment.
- We value integrity and honesty.
- We show respect and courtesy to our guests and colleagues.
- We believe that every day is a school day – we learn from each other, from formal training and from our own experiences in order to improve our skills and ultimately our standards.
- We believe in the personal and professional development of our team members
- We support and positively encourage one another
- We celebrate each other’s achievements.
- Competitive rates of pay & benefits package
- Free meals while on duty
- Staff discounts at the EYE Cinema
- Staff discounts on dining in each establishment
- Regular social events and internal performance rewards in each property
- There are great opportunities for development within the Edward Group.
- Friends & Family discounts for Spa Treatments and Products
- Friends & Family hotel rates within the Group